TheMauveRoom
Empress Alexandra, Grand Duchess Olga, and Nicholas II: 1896. 

Empress Alexandra, Grand Duchess Olga, and Nicholas II: 1896. 

Empress Alexandra and Grand Duchesses Olga and Tatiana in the uniform of Sisters of Mercy: c. 1915. 

Empress Alexandra and Grand Duchesses Olga and Tatiana in the uniform of Sisters of Mercy: c. 1915. 

The famous chair in the Mauve Room at the Alexander Palace: then (1908) and now. 

The Imperial family, Anna Vyrubova and officers of the Standart: 1905.

The Imperial family, Anna Vyrubova and officers of the Standart: 1905.

Empress Marie Feodorovna of Russia and Alexandra, Princess of Wales.

Empress Marie Feodorovna of Russia and Alexandra, Princess of Wales.

The Russian crown jewels:
The Crown of the Emperor, the Orb and Scepter which features the enormous Orlov Diamond given as a gift to Catherine the Great.
The smaller crown would have been worn by the Empress. The last Empress crowned with this crown was Marie Feodorovna, who refused to give precedence to her daughter in law at her son’s coronation. A new crown was made for Empress Alexandra. 

The Russian crown jewels:

The Crown of the Emperor, the Orb and Scepter which features the enormous Orlov Diamond given as a gift to Catherine the Great.

The smaller crown would have been worn by the Empress. The last Empress crowned with this crown was Marie Feodorovna, who refused to give precedence to her daughter in law at her son’s coronation. A new crown was made for Empress Alexandra. 

A beautiful icon of the Holy Royal Martyrs

A beautiful icon of the Holy Royal Martyrs

Tsarevich Nicholas Alexandrovich and Princess Alix of Hesse upon their engagement in Coburg: 1894.

Tsarevich Nicholas Alexandrovich and Princess Alix of Hesse upon their engagement in Coburg: 1894.

A Russian calendar for the year 1917, featuring a portrait of the Imperial family. 

A Russian calendar for the year 1917, featuring a portrait of the Imperial family. 

Empress Alexandra and Tsarevich Alexei at Livadia: 1912.

Empress Alexandra and Tsarevich Alexei at Livadia: 1912.